Creative Chaos

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cooking for a group (Entertaining) class

Many of you know that I was teaching a class at church this week on "cooking for a group/entertaining". Thanks to everyone that emailed me back with ideas-they were great! And to those of you who said, "I have no clue about...", that helped me to focus in on what might be good to talk about. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here is a link to my notes: Cooking and Entertaining a Group Notes

I set up a couple tables to show some of my favorite things to use, when cooking, and also did a little display on party favors/desserts-centered around  a "Sweet Treats" theme.
Displayed my chaffing dish, 3-in-1 bowl (punch bowl, cake plate, veggie tray), jelly roll pans, inexpensive cutting mats, etc.

Chocolate covered oreos-so EASY and DELICIOUS! Whipped these out in no time and everyone LOVED them!

"Cupcake" cakepops! Makes a cute, edible centerpiece!

I love to have exta cupcakes in my freezer-just pull out however many you need, frost them up, slap a cute sticker on the cup, add some cello and you're done!

Just grabbed a couple items from around the house to match my Valentine's Love theme.

My Valentine's day flowers this year! Love them! I took a large square vase, put some red hots in it, and added a smaller vase inside, and kept filling with red hots around the edges. Added some tulips and you're done!  The white fabric with flowers on it is a kitchen towel from Target!

My Smore kits! My boys helped me make these as their valentines to their cousins. I used my Cricut to design and cut out a "transparency" box. Used the ole glue gun to make it, added some graham crackers, chocolates and marshmallows, a label and bow and it's done! (Not sure if the marshmallows will be fresh by the time they travel across country, but it's the thought that counts, right?!?!)

So that's what I did for my class! I think it went ok, but I didn't get too much feedback as only 4 women came! Oh well, the youth didn't mind. After class, I let the ladies come grab whatever "Sweet treats" they wanted, and then I took the rest to the youth! I at least scored points there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment